So I (Amber) decided to put in the floors since Chris was working hard on stuff nobody sees or cares about but is totally necessary and is taken for granted. You know like water pipes, flushing toilet, water tanks, wheel bearings, electrical panels, lighting etc…. Let me tell you that laying Tivoli II Peel ‘N’ Stick Vinyl Planks (in Rustic Oak) in a vintage trailer that is not perfectly straight made this quite the task and about 17 hours over 10 days. Below is a photo journal of my first time, floor installing journey. I finished for it’s World Premier July 4th, 2015 depute. Enjoy!
Short Video of the original floors.
Started by cutting lose and peeling old, “flaking” linoleum out.
I used a utility knife, scissors, newspaper, straight edge, marker, sweat….
To cut around the toilet hole (haha), and all the tables and cabinets rivets and divots, I read to use a template out of newspaper. It totally worked but takes forever to do.
Progress of the floors….
And the final…
One final thing… to fill the gaps I used this wood filler. Turned out great!
Here are a couple shots of the inside of Goldie (yes, that’s what were calling her since we did gold accents). Lot’s of work but it paid off and looks great! Still not totally done with the kitchen backsplash so you’re not seeing that part. More interior shots to come!
Welcome to our blog about renovating a 1971 retro Aristocrat Starliner trailer. My husband and I have talked for a few years about buying a vintage trailer and renovating it. We finally wanted to make this dream a reality so we took the plunge and bought one! It took many tries to finally snag one up (since renovating vintage trailers in Portland is a trendy thing to do). We found ours in The Dalles Oregon for $1,800. We can’t find much information on this particular model, so we’re figuring it out as we go. Chris is very handy and I’m a self proclaimed DIYer and love to decorate. This should be interesting.